Position: Chief Business Officer
Melt&Marble (www.meltandmarble.com) is a start-up based in Gothenburg, Sweden. We are on a mission to boost the growth of the plant-based industry by providing it with the best and tastiest fats, for both consumers and the planet. Our ambition is underpinned with our proprietary technology and deep expertise in microbial engineering, allowing us to create precision fermentation processes for production of delicious animal fats, without the animal, tailored to any application.
We have recently secured our first round of funding and our currently working on building our first prototype, as well as building of our team in preparation for the next funding round.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with business experience to join our management team as a chief business officer. You will be responsible for the business/commercial operations of the company and will work closely together with the CEO and leadership team in bringing our first products to market and growing our business.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Commercial strategy
- Fundraising/investment strategy
- Negotiation and overseeing of strategic/customer partnerships
- External/public communications
- Candidates should hold a Master’s or equivalent in a business field
- 10+ years of business experience
- Experience in commercializing products in any or all of the following fields:
- Plant-based foods/alternative proteins
- Fats for the food industry
- Food ingredients
- Industrial biotechnology products
- Experience in fundraising for start-ups
- Experience in developing and managing strategic partnerships (incl. experience in negotiating multimillion dollar deals involving product development, sales, licensing, R&D collaboration, etc.)
- Track record with bringing new food products to market (e.g. experience with market sizing and segmentation, consumer/customer understanding, product prototyping, scale-up, supply chain development, etc.)
- Deep understanding of and extensive network in the food industry
- Right to work in Sweden (Swedish work permit/citizenship or EU citizenship/permanent residence permit)
Workplace: The position is in Gothenburg, Sweden (flexible).
Interested? Please submit a CV and cover letter to hr [at] meltmarble.com.
Application deadline: Rolling.